Fish Creek Spinner Zonker Spinnerbaits Fish Creek Spinners Armadillo Trout Spinners 1/5oz Glass Armadillos Fish Creek Spinners large fishing spinners Fish Creek Spinners Walleye Rigs

Monday, March 14, 2011

Ivan Shishkin - that boy could paint a tree

If you've ever had a chance to spend time in an old growth forest, it's near impossible to avoid being overwhelmed by its beauty - a real feast for the senses. I like aspen ridges, but love those mossy old pine forests.

They're hard to find - a thing of the past in most parts of the country.

I came across this 19th century Russian Painter - Ivan Shishkin, who painted old growth forest landscapes. Wiki on Ivan
Many show the impacts of logging, but they're all incredible, almost photo like detail.

I first got interested in his work when I saw a painting - Morning in the Pine Forest - It was a dawn painting full of interesting lighting and a mama bear and three cubs in the forefront. I had to have it, but it was just the tip of the ice berg. Turned out somebody else put the bears on his landscape, but still a wonderful picture.


Morning in the Pine Forest - Ivan Shishkin

I continued to search and found many of his other landscape prints - they were all on Russian websites.  AgniArt.Ru is the site I purchased the prints from.
Here's a couple others.




If you're interested you can search to find them, maybe you're into old trees too! or..

Stop by Fish Creek Spinners Web Store and checkout it's new format!

2 comments:

Christy Hartman said...

Fantastic paintings! I am lucky enough to live near a protected old growth cedar forest, and there is nowhere I find more peace than wandering among those giants.

John Delaney said...

ahhh, Cedar smells good. Breathe in, Breathe out!