Fish Creek Spinner Zonker Spinnerbaits Fish Creek Spinners Armadillo Trout Spinners 1/5oz Glass Armadillos Fish Creek Spinners large fishing spinners Fish Creek Spinners Walleye Rigs

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Elevate River Rocks..:!

Angle Rocks and Rock Stars

Ever been fishing, caught a fish and took a picture?

Since you're reading this blog, its a safe bet you have.

Then at home, when you finally get the pictures off the camera, you're looking for the good ones, and you notice a pattern and familiar background on a few of the pictures.

I know, I know, I always saw the Fish Creek Spinner for the longest time, but then I got older, wiser.

For me, I notice background. What the fish are surrounded by. Beautiful shades of brown, gray, black or white river rocks.






Happened to you? It seems to happen to me.

Over the years, I've started collecting them and bringing a tangible piece of the memory back with me. The fish were back in the water, a few rocks came home. It's a hoot once you get started.

They are everywhere once you start looking, and they are 'free'.

No need to organize them if you don't want to. I just stash them around the house. Marie is the organizer, I'm the hunter/gatherer!

Adhoc rediscovery give you the opportunity to try to remember where it came from, lol. A chance to recollect a pleasant memory tied to fishing; sights, sounds and seasonal smells of that day on the water.

Good times -

Miracle Mile, WY
Red Dirt Reservoir, CO
Copper Harbor, MI
to name a few.

Here's a few bowls full, that Marie organized -

Speckled Rocks - more on these - stay tuned

Copper Harbor Michigan Agates

Miracle Mile - Sinclair, WY
Lately, I've found a new way to elevate these esteemed rocks, by making medallions from them.

Angle rock medallions and Rock Stars carved from Soap Stone.

Rock Medallions and carved soapstone Rock Stars

Angle Rock medallions

My photography skills and the lighting through the basement window well, really don't show off their highlights very much. But after all, they're rocks, not gems - Angle Rocks!

Dig out your Dremel tool and use a 1/8in diamond tip glass cutter bit and you're on your way to making rock dust clouds, being covered with dust and looking like this



Well, maybe not quite that much fun.

Stop by Fish Creek Spinners Web Store and checkout it's new format!

No comments: