Fish Creek Spinner Zonker Spinnerbaits Fish Creek Spinners Armadillo Trout Spinners 1/5oz Glass Armadillos Fish Creek Spinners large fishing spinners Fish Creek Spinners Walleye Rigs

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Spinner of the Week - 1/8oz June Bug Transformer

Kind of foreshadowed with prior posts, but here's this weeks Spinner of the Week.

It's a new model and has 18 variations. 9 brass and 9 nickel.

I thinking of expanding that by a couple; one with a brass bead and another with nickle.

What's interesting (IMO) about this one is I built them with a slip loop on the hook end.

This lets you change out hooks or replace the banded Zonker strips to change their color while fishing.

Here's a couple pictures showing the process.

Fish Creek Spinners June Bug Transformer - R bend open

Slip loop R bend seated in tail bead

Bead slipped up

New banded Zonker choice

New dressed treble choice
Endless color variations on the dressed trebles.


Here's a link to the webstore showing all variations

June Bug Transformers

And a few pictures



Here's a 20% discount code good til the end of May - Junebug, should you want to put some in the water!

7 comments:

WDSTK3 said...

I'm wondering...does the June Bug spinner cause any wobble in the rig or does it spin straight?
Nice looking spinners. I am a fan of tandem type rigs using spoons or streamers.

John Delaney said...

I didn't notice any and fished 4 different sized blades in a variety of designs.

Me too, on the tandems.

I built a double blade mini-flasher with the smallest june bug blade and a few beads. Same slip loop.

Looks interesting, you could trail another spinner, just a bucktail or a crawler, whatever trips your trigger.

WDSTK3 said...

As usual, excellent stuff John!

John Delaney said...

Time will tell Howard, making them is the easy part.

Thanks for your comments and kind words. I'd be interested in your feedback if you have used the blade on any of your designs.

From my observations, having tried out many different blades, they're an interesting change. Cheers.

WDSTK3 said...

I've thought about them.....The next time I order from Hagen's (I'll have to check the catalog and see if they have them) I'll order some and have a go with them.

John Delaney said...

I got these at Worth Company. Didn't See them at Hagens or Lakeland.

Demir Ateser said...

Love these June Bugs. Took them to our favorite lake and immediately started to get hit after hit after hit. The largest fish of the day came from this lure. What I found was this lure sinks slower than most spinners of it's size and smaller even. It allowed me to impart tons of irregular action - which seemed to bring on the strikes.

You hit the motherload with this one my man! I can't wait to try these babies out in the rivers.